April 29, 2009

"Two day recovery"... yeah right

Aaron had knee surgery this morning. He was supposed to be having meniscus repair with 1-2 days on crutches followed by full weight bearing and physical therapy next week, but they found something else while they were in there and now he will be on crutches for 6 WEEKS without weight bearing! BIG difference. We just got home and Aaron is sleeping off some anesthesia. Overall the surgery went well and he tolerated it very well. He is in some pain, but we got the first dose of vicodin into him, so we will see how it goes.
This news will mean some challenges for Aaron at work and at home. It means no carrying Marshall for that long, (which means no breaks for mom) BOO! Since it is his right leg, I am assuming that he won't be able to drive to, from or at work which is also a big deal. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Cory said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry to hear that. You will all be in my thoughts. I wish I was closer so i could help out, but maybe I can help a bit when I visit.