... I am mostly documenting this as a part of our family's journal, and the story of a routine c-section may not interest most of you who read our blog and are mostly looking at picture updates. :)
Although I was frequently having painful contractions, at each of my OB appointments (including the 39 week visit), my doctor informed me that I was not dilated at all. We decided to go ahead with a repeat c-section. On Tuesday, March 8, 2011, Aaron and I got to North Austin Medical Center at 5 am (maybe a few minutes after) and got checked in. After check-in, my bloodwork was done and IV was started. Then I got taken back to the OR where I received a spinal. I was very nervous about the c-section because of my previous experience and when they told me that the spinal may make me feel like I am not breathing "but don't worry because you sill are", I became a little more terrified. They were right and for a split second, I thought I might die, but they gave me something else and the sensation passed. After a few minutes, Aaron came back and I was even more relieved. During the surgery, I knew what was going on by the sounds that I could hear, so I knew right before they got to her. Then someone said, "she has lots of hair" and out she came! They brought her to my side and then took her to the warmer where Aaron went and I could still see her. Afterwards, she and Aaron went to the nursery while they finished the surgery and I went to recovery. Everything with Harper was normal other than a minor and transient blood sugar issue.
Here are some of the many pictures that were taken during our stay at the hospital.



2 comments:
Awww those are great pictures! She's a beautiful baby!
She is so beautiful. Although a smooth sailing c-section story doesn't leave anyone on the edge of their seat, it makes for a beautiful outcome. I'm so happy you and Harper are both well and that everything went smoothly.
Post a Comment