August 10, 2011

Marshall makes us smile

Not bragging of course ;) , but these are just things I want to remember Marshall saying/doing...

He can spell his name without reading the letters. Once when he was actually reading the letters on a sheet of paper, he said "M-a-r-s-h: for harper, a-l-l".

Marshall knows many songs on the radio and who sings them. He can recognize songs that he knows within the first few notes, even before the lyrics start. He not only remembers the ones we tell him, but also can recognize songs by the artists that he is more familiar with (U2, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Adele, Katy Perry). He also really listens to the words which is good and bad. This morning he asked what the name of a song was and it was "Secrets" by One Republic, after I told him, he immediately sang "give all my secrets away". He also knows when I am listening to KLove, a Christian station and he says "this is like music from church, Mommy". So cute.

Coversation last night:
Me: Marshall, please do not jump on the couch.
Marshall: I am not jumping, Mommy, I am exercising.
Later last night:
Me: Marshall, please do not jump on the couch-- or exercise on the couch.
Marshall: I am not jumping, Mommy, I am hopping.
Me: Ok, no hopping either, please.

Conversation last week:
Me: Marshall do you want strawberries or blueberries?
Marshall: I want pears.
Me: Pears are not an option today, you can have blueberries or strawberries.
Marshall: Pears are not an option?
Me: No, we don't have pears. You can choose to have blueberries or strawberries.
Marshall: Blueberries.
I didn't really notice the above conversation until the next day...
Me: Marshall, would you like blueberries, strawberries or pears with your chicken nuggets?
Marshall: Can I have pears in a cup?
Me: Yes, you may have a fruit cup of pears.
Marshall: That is an option?
Me: Yes that is an option.
Marshall: Because that was not an option yesterday.

2 comments:

Nana said...

An amazing child....never a dull moment..

Meredith said...

He's smart just like his mommy!